Ube Cheesecake Bar is a simple and delicious purple yam recipe. It is a combination of ube batter and cheesecake batter. Perfect for dessert or snack!
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup ube halaya/ ube jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Cheesecake Bars
- In a large bowl, sift and combine together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and sugar. Beat over low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Add ube halaya and ube flavoring. Beat until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Beat until well combined.
- Reserve about 3-4 tbsp of ube batter.
- Pour the batter in an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the batter evenly. Set aside.
- To Make the Cheesecake Batter: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the ube batter. Spread the batter evenly.
- Put the reserved ube batter on top of the cheesecake batter and make a swirl design.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center becomes clean.
- Slice and cut into a square bars.
- Share and Enjoy!