Ube Mamon is a soft ube flavored chiffon cake topped with creamy buttercream and generous amount of grated cheese for more flavorful taste.
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup veg oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp ube flavor
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- grated cheese (for toppings)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Cheesy Ube Mamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Mix until well combined.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the batter and meringue.
- Gently fold the meringue into the batter.
- Line the mamon molder with the mamon liner.
- Fill up about 3/4 of each molder with the cake batter.
- Gently tap each molder to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center becomes clean.
- Place in a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to Make Buttercream
- In a bowl, combine the butter, powdered sugar and milk. Beat until creamy.
- Spread the buttercream on top of the mamon.
- Topped with generous amount of grated cheese.