- 6 medium ripe bananas or 4 large bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
WATCH: Video on How to Make Moist Banana Bread Loaf
- Mash the bananas using a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift and combine together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: butter, eggs, and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and milk with lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well until the flour is fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour and divide the batter on a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place slices of banana on top of the batter.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 350 F / 175 C for about 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center becomes clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in a cooling rack.
- Share and enjoy!