- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 100g dark sweet chocolate
WATCH: Video on How to Make Boston Cream Cake
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the batter and meringue.
- Gently fold the meringue into the batter.
- Line and grease a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Gently pour the batter.
- Tap few times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, fresh milk and flour. Cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add butter and vanilla extract after it thickens.
- Strain and cover with plastic film. Let it cool.
- Scrape the top of the cake using cake slicer or a knife.
- Slice the cake in half.
- Put and spread the cream filling.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Microwave whipping cream for 60 seconds.
- Combine the chocolate into the hot whipping cream.
- Mix until chocolate melts.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake.
- Slice the cake. Share and enjoy!