Skip to Content
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup warm milk
- ½ cup ube halaya (purple-yam)
- 1 tbsp liquid ube flavor
- 1 tbsp oil (plus more for kneading)
- quick melt cheese, sliced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Cheese Pandesal
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast and a tablespoon of sugar. Stir the mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes or until mixture becomes bubbly.
- Add softened butter, beaten eggs, sugar, warm milk, ube Halaya (purple-yam) and ube flavor. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour with 1 tsp salt. Add one cup at a time and stir.
- Then, add the remaining flour and stir.
- Mix until it forms into a dough.
- Knead dough until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer dough to a lightly grease kneading board. Grease hands with oil.
- Knead dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean towel.
- Allow to rise for about 1 and ½ hours or until it doubles in size.
- Form dough into a log and cut into pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Flatten each dough using your palm and place a slice of cheese in the center.
- Roll each piece in bread crumbs.
- Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F / 180 C for 20 minutes.
- Share and enjoy!