Skip to Content
- 10 pcs banana (saba)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup fresh milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- cooking oil
WATCH: Video on How to Make Maruya (Banana Fritters)
- Cut saba banana in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ salt and 3 tbsp sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add ⅔ cup fresh milk and 1 large egg. Stir until well blended.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla extract. Stir continuously until well combined.
- Coat the sliced bananas into the batter.
- Fry in hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Coat maruya with sugar.
- Share and enjoy!