Here’s my version of Choco Butternut Munchkins and Donuts A La Dunkin Donuts. It’s a moist and soft chocolate donuts/munchkins covered in chocolate glaze and butternut coatings.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup veg oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (fresh milk or evaporated)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tbsp orange liquid food color
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Yields: 26 munchkins and 12 donuts
WATCH: Video on How to Make Choco Butternut Munchkins and Donuts A la Dunkin Donuts
- In a large bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and sugar. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the wet ingredients: hot water, coffee powder, vinegar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Greased the baking pan and donut moulder with melted butter. Place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the batter onto the greased baking pan and donut moulder. Tap few times to release air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F/ 175 C for 20-25 minutes or Steam over medium-low heat for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place in a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Break and crumble the chocolate cake.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of chocolate cake and form into a ball.
- Form the remaining cake into balls.
- Glaze the cake balls and donuts. Then, coat with butternut coating.
- Share and Enjoy!
How to Make Chocolate Glaze
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
How to Make Butternut Coating
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add orange liquid food coloring. Mix to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour. Mix until combined.
- Add white sugar and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Transfer into a bowl. Mix well using your hands to make sure there are no lumps.