Banana Cinnamon Cheese Balls are quick and easy snack or dessert. They are made of ripe saging saba, cinnamon powder, flour, brown sugar coated in bread crumbs with cheese filling. Best served while hot.
- 8 pcs ripe saging na saba
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or water
- 200g quick melt cheese (cubed)
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- cooking oil for frying
WATCH: Video on How to Make Banana Cinnamon Cheese Balls
- Boil the saging na saba until cooked. Drain and let it cool
- Mash the bananas using fork or potato masher.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and milk or water.
- Put some oil on your hands to prevent the dough mixture from sticking.
- Continue mixing until all is well combined.
- Scoop the dough mixture and flatten on your palm.
- Put the cubed cheese on the center.
- Fold and pinch to seal the edges.
- Then, roll and form into a ball.
- Beat the eggs. Deep the banana balls into the beaten eggs.
- Then, coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the banana balls over medium-high heat.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Put on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Best served while hot.