- 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 tbsp ube flavoring
- 1 ¼ cups water (adjust accordingly)
- grated coconut
- condensed milk
- grated cheese (optional)
- leche flan
- extra butter
WATCH: Video on How to Make Puto Bumbong with Leche Flan
- Prepare banana leaf. Pass over low flame to soften.
- In a large bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and ube flavoring.
- Gradually add the water. Mix until it turns into a dough.
- Use your hand for kneading.
- Grate the puto bumbong dough.
- Scoop about 2-3 tablespoon of the dough onto the softened leaf. Gently form into a log.
- Roll and seal the banana leaf. Repeat the procedure with the remaining puto bumbong dough.
- Steam for 20 minutes over low heat. Let it cool.
- Peel off steamed puto bumbong.
- Arrange four pieces of puto bumbong on a slightly greased banana leaf.
- Brush with butter. Put some grated coconut. Drizzle with condensed milk. Put some grated cheese (optional) and top with leche flan.
- Share and Enjoy!