- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup veg oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose cream
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅛ cup cornstarch or 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
WATCH: Video on How to Make Moist Brigadeiro Chocolate Cake
- In a large bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine hot water and coffee powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: coffee, vinegar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Brush the sides of the pan with butter.
- Pour the cake batter.
- Tap a few times to release air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F / 175 C for 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After cooling down the cake, cut the cake and place in a tub.
- Add the brigadeiro filling on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate ganache on top of the filling.
- Add chocolate flakes for toppings (optional)
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Share and enjoy!
- In a cooking pan, combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, egg yolks and cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch dissolves. You can strain the mixture before cooking.
- Cook the mixture over low heat until it thickens.
- Add the all-purpose cream. Cook until smooth and thick.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Heat evaporated milk.
- Pour the hot milk over the chocolate.
- Mix until the chocolate melts. Set aside.