No need to buy Crema De Fruta in Goldilocks. You can now make your own Crema De Fruta Ala Goldilocks at home!
Crema De Fruta is a flavorful Filipino dessert cake made with layers of soft sponge cake, sweet custard, various fruits filling with peaches and cherries on top covered with gelatin.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups fruit cocktail, drained (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup reserved fruit cocktail syrup
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp clear unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- cherries, halved
- sliced peaches
WATCH: Video on How to Make Crema De Fruta Ala Goldilocks
Making the Custard
- In a medium saucepan, combine 4 egg yolks, 1 cup evaporated milk, 6 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1 cup condensed milk, 1 tbsp vanilla, and 1/2 cup all-purpose cream. Stir until well-combined.
- Cook and stir continuously until the mixture thickens over low heat.
- When the mixture is already thick, turn the heat off
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap
- Refrigerate and let cool completely
Making the Sponge Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 1 cup cake flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Sift the dry ingredients. Mix well until combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: 5 egg yolks, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In making the meringue, beat 5 egg whites until frothy. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Beat continuously until soft peak form.
- Combine the meringue into the wet mixture. Fold it gently.
- Combine the batter mixture to the. dry ingredients. Mix until well-combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 F or 160 C for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After baking, unmold the cake. Cut the sides of the cake to fit in an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Cut the cake in half using a cake slicer or a knife.
Crema De Fruta Layer Assembly
- Place half of the cake in an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Scoop custard mixture to cover the top of the sponge cake.
- Arrange fruits on top of the custard.
- Place the other half of the sponge cake over the fruits.
- Again, scoop custard to cover the sponge cake.
- Arrange cherries and peaches on top of the custard.
Making the Gelatin Topping
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the 1/2 cup reserved fruit cocktail syrup, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp clear unflavored gelatin.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin powder dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- Pour the gelatin mixture on top of crema de fruta.
- Remove the bubbles from the gelatin.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!