Creamy Carbonara is a quick and easy pasta dish made with basic ingredients – pasta, bacon, mushrooms, cheese and creamy white sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley, top with bacon bits and parmesan cheese. Perfect for a quick dinner and it will always be a crowd favorite!
- ½ kg linguine pasta noodles
- 10 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 400g bacon, chopped
- 1 can sliced button mushrooms
- 2 pack all-purpose cream 250ml or heavy cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- parsley, chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
- parmesan cheese & bacon bits (for toppings)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Creamy Carbonara Pinoy Style
- In a large cooking pot, boil 10 cups of water. Then add 2 tsp salt.
- Cook 1/2kg linguine pasta noodles according to package instruction
- Cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add 400g chopped bacon.
- Fry the bacon until the texture becomes crisp
- Remove the bacon and place in a clean bowl
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in the same pan
- Saute 5 cloves of minced garlic and 1 can sliced mushrooms
- Cook mushrooms until soft
- Mix the cooked bacon
- Pour 1 cup water and 2 pack all-purpose cream or heavy cream
- Add salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Add a pinch of chopped parsley. Mix until well-combined.
- Stir-in 1/2 cup grated cheese. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Toss pasta noodles in the sauce
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped parsley
- Top with bacon bits and parmesan cheese
- Serve and enjoy!