Creamy Maja Blanca with Langka (Jackfruit) is a Filipino dessert that is creamy, soft, light and melt-in-your-mouth dessert. It is a combination of coconut milk, milk, sweetener, cornstarch, langka (jackfruit) and sweet cream corn. This Filipino dessert is perfect for any occasion.
- 1 can sweet cream corn
- 1 cup sweetened langka (jackfruit)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (adjust according to your taste)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch + 1 cup water
- cheese or latik for toppings
WATCH: Video on How to Make Creamy Maja Blanca with Langka (Jackfruit)
- Using a blender, blend 1 cup sweetened langka (jackfruit).
- Add 1/4 cup syrup from langka (jackfruit) until purée. Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cornstarch to 1 cup of water to make a cornstarch mixture. Stir well until cornstarch is dissolved. Then, set aside.
- In a large cooking pan, combine 2 cans of coconut milk, 1 can evaporated milk, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1 can sweet cream corn. Stir until well combined.
- Add 2 cups of water
- Add the langka (jackfruit) purée and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Adjust the sugar according to your taste. Stir well and bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved.
- After boiling, lower the heat
- Add the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir continuously until the mixture becomes thick.
- Immediately transfer to a clean container.
- Smooth the top using a spatula.
- Allow to cool or chill for about 2 to 3 hours until completely set.
- Add grated cheese or latik for toppings.