Creamy Fruity Maja Blanca is creamy, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth dessert loaded with corn, fruit cocktail and grated cheese. This recipe is simple, super easy-to-make and ideal for the holiday season or for all occasions.
- 1 ½ cups cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can whole corn kernels
- ½ cup sugar
- whole corn kernels (optional)
- fruit cocktail (optional)
- grated cheese
WATCH: Video on How to Make Creamy Fruity Maja Blanca
- In a large cooking pan, combine coconut cream, coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk. Mix well to combine.
- Add whole corn kernels and fruit cocktail. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, make the cornstarch mixture.
- Just combine cornstarch and water. Mix until the cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Cook the coconut mixture over medium heat. Add sugar.
- You may adjust the sugar according to your desired sweetness.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Then, add the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
- Immediately transfer to a clean container.
- Flatten and smooth the top using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- After chilling, top with corn (optional), fruit cocktail (optional) and grated cheese.
- Share and Enjoy!