Ube Buko Jelly Dessert is creamy, cheesy, quick and easy-to-make dessert. It is a popular Filipino dessert made from fresh coconut meat and ube-flavored jelly with mini sago pearls and cheese for added flavor. This recipe is ideal for the holiday season.
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pack (25g) unflavored white gulaman
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
- 2 cups buko meat, shredded
- 2 pack (250ml) all-purpose cream
- 1 can ube flavored condensed milk
- ½ cup mini sago pearls
- ½ cup cheese, cubed
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Buko Jelly Dessert
- In a medium saucepan, combine powdered gulaman, sugar, water and ube flavor.
- Stir until the powdered gulaman dissolves. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a container.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool and set the gulaman.
- In a medium saucepan, add water. Bring to a boil.
- Add mini sago pearls. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sago pearls are cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the gulaman into cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose cream and ube flavored condensed milk. Mix well to combine.
- Add the cubed jelly, cubed cheese, cooked sago pearls and shredded buko meat. Mix everything until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Share and enjoy!