Oreo Banana Flan Cake is an easy and delicious dessert cake. It is a combination of banana and leche flan with banana-caramel syrup on top and crushed oreo crust.
- 2 ripe bananas (blended with 1/4 cup evaporated milk)
- 27 pcs oreo cookies
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 packs (10g) gelatin powder
- 5 egg yolks
- 300ml condensed milk
- 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Banana Caramel Syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp banana extract
WATCH: Video on How to Make Oreo Banana Flan Cake
- To Make the Crust: In a bowl, combine crushed oreo and melted butter. Mix well until combined.
- Place in an 8 inch springform pan.
- Press down tightly and evenly. Spread on the side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut the bananas into pieces.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the bananas and milk. Set aside.
- To Make the Banana Flan: In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk, blended banana with milk, gelatin powder and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes for the gelatin to bloom.
- Turn on the heat from low to medium.
- Stir the mixture constantly.
- Turn off the heat when the mixture starts to boil.
- Strain over the prepared crust.
- Poke to remove bubbles.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir and set aside.
- To Make the Banana-Caramel Syrup: In a pan, caramelize sugar over medium-low heat.
- Cook until it turns amber in color.
- Add the water and stir.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the caramel carefully. Mix well until combined.
- Then, add the banana extract. Mix until glossy.
- Pour the syrup on top of the flan and tilt to spread evenly.
- Chill for an hour.
- Unmold the cake.
- Slice and share!