Ube Macapuno Glutinous Rice Cake is a sweet sticky ube flavored rice cake with macapuno. It has a firm custard-like texture. It is made from glutinous rice flour, condensed, evaporated and coconut milk with macapuno and ube flavoring.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 can (300ml) condensed milk
- 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 glass (340g) macapuno
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
- extra butter, for brushing
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Macapuno Glutinous Rice Cake
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, condensed milk and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Add evaporated milk, coconut milk and ube flavoring. Mix well until combined.
- Add the macapuno. Just mix to combine.
- Then, add the glutinous rice flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Beat until no lumps are visible.
- Pour the mixture in an 8 x 8″ baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Bake again at 170C for 20 minutes.
- Slice, share and enjoy!