- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 pack coconut cream (400ml)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp liquid ube flavor
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- ½ tsp lemon juice
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Biko with Yema Topping
- In a large pan over low-medium heat, add coconut cream and water. Stir to combine.
- Add the ube flavor. Stir to combine.
- Add the washed glutinous rice. Cook over low-medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally to prevent the glutinous rice from burning.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Cook the biko until the liquid evaporates. Turn off the heat.
- Greased the bottom and the side of the pan with oil.
- Transfer the biko into the greased pan. Spread and flatten evenly.
- Spread the yema topping on top of the biko.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for about 22 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!