- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- ice cream cones
- rainbow sprinkles
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (226g), room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3-4 tbsp hot water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ice Cream Cone Vanilla Cupcakes
- In a large bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make a buttermilk, combine together the milk and calamansi or lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Beat until thick and fluffy.
- Add the eggs. Add each eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract and buttermilk. Beat again until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Scoop the batter onto lined muffin tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 C for 20 minutes.
- After baking, transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, whip the chilled heavy cream on high speed until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese.
- Add powdered sugar. Beat together until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
How to Make Chocolate Glaze
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients: powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter, hot water and vanilla extract.
- Just mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, pour a small amount of chocolate glaze onto the top of each cupcake.
- Add sprinkles immediately before the chocolate begins to set.
- Add a scoop of frosting on top of the chocolate on each cupcake.
- Gently press an ice cream cone on top of the scoop of frosting.