- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 2 ½ cups drinking water
- 3 cups coconut cream
- ¾ cup white sugar (adjust accordingly)
- 1 tbsp buko pandan extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 250g condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
WATCH: Video on How to Make Biko Pandan De Yema
- Wash glutinous rice with water 2-3 times. Then, drain.
- Add drinking water and cook in a rice cooker until it turns warm. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well and strain.
- Cook over low heat. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Cook until the desired thickness. Turn OFF heat and set aside.
- In a pan, combine coconut cream and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn ON over medium heat.
- Add buko pandan extract. Stir until combined.
- Cook until thickened. Cook until the desired thickness.
- Add the glutinous rice (cooked). Stir until well combined.
- Stir constantly until it becomes sticky.
- Transfer into a lightly greased pan.
- Smoothen the top using a spatula.
- Pour the Yema on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for about 10-15 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown. Watch closely to prevent the topping from burning.