Skip to Content
- 4 pcs medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 pcs eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
WATCH: Video on How to Make Moist and Soft Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Mash the bananas using a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift and combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: butter, sugar and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract, mashed bananas and milk with lemon juice. Beat just until combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Scoop the batter about ¼ cup each.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 175 C for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center becomes clean.
- Optionally, you can also top these with your favorite frosting or just eat the muffin alone.