Moist Chocolate Banana Loaf Cake is a combination of chocolate cake and mashed bananas. It is moist, soft and sweet cake-like perfect gift for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day.
- 8 pcs large ripe bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh milk or any milk (with 2 tsp lemon juice)
- almonds for toppings (optional)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Moist Chocolate Banana Loaf Cake
- Mash bananas with a fork. Set aside
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, eggs and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the mashed bananas, vanilla and fresh milk (with 2 tsp lemon juice)
- Beat mixture just to combine
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry ingredients
- Mix well until flour is incorporated
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Pour the batter on a loaf pan with baking paper
- Top with almonds (optional)
- Bake at 180 C for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- You can make some muffins from the extra batter.