Ube Biko De Leche is a Filipino favorite kakanin from the Philippines. It is a combination of ube flavored biko and leche flan in one. This recipe is an easy to make snack and ideal for the holiday season or for all occasions.
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 packs (400ml) coconut cream
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ube extract/flavor
- 8 whole large eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Biko De Leche
- Wash glutinous rice with water 2-3 times. Then, drain.
- Add water and cook in a rice cooker. Set aside.
- In a pan, combine coconut cream and brown sugar. Mix well
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add ube flavor. Mix until well combined.
- Cook until thickened. Bring to a boil.
- Once the coconut cream has thickened…
- Add the cooked glutinous rice. Stir until well combined.
- Stir until the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Continue stirring until it becomes sticky. Set aside.
- Greased the pan/molder with oil.
- Transfer the biko into the greased pan.
- Flatten the biko using a spatula. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Strain leche flan mixture 3-4 times.
- Pour the flan mixture over the ube biko.
- Steam for 60 minutes or more (if needed).
- NOTE: Do the toothpick check.