- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 pcs egg
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (for brushing the molds)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Kababayan Bread
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: veg oil, sugar, milk, water, egg and vanilla extract. Beat mixture untill well incorporated.
- Then, combine the wet mixture intro the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the yellow food coloring (optional) and mix well.
- Brush the muffin tray with melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 degree celcius or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.