Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Casserole is made of tender and tasty chicken fillet with lots of mushrooms and tasty creamy sauce. This casserole is definitely for family dinner that surely everyone will love.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 can (200g) mushroom pieces & stems
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, to coat the chicken
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Creamy Sauce:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (2 cups water w/chicken cubes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
WATCH: Video on How to Make Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
- Cut chicken fillet into thin slices
- Season chicken with salt and ground black pepper
- Dredge the chicken in flour
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium- high heat. Fry chicken until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil, saute onion and garlic. Then, add mushroom
- Cook for about 6 -7 minutes or until it’s nice and fragrant. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and whisk flour until lightly golden brown color
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice and pinch of ground black pepper
- Then, stir well until smooth
- Add heavy cream and fresh milk. Mix well
- Bring to a boil until creamy. Then, turn off heat
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the chicken
- Pour the creamy sauce over the chicken. Then, cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 45 minutes
- After baking for 45 minutes, ready to serve!
- Serve hot with steamed rice or pasta