- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 100 grams raisins
- 1 cup pineapple crushed
- 1 cup sliced almonds, for toppings (if desired)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 113 grams cream cheese
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- crushed walnuts
- fresh grated carrots
WATCH: Video on How to Make Moist Carrot Loaf Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, sift and combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vegetable oil. Beat until well combined.
- Then, combine the dry ingredients to the mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add raisins, fresh grated carrots and pineapple crushed. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter on a lined loaf pan.
- Top with almonds (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C for about 35 minutes.
- After baking, allow to cool.
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the carrot cake.
- Top with crushed walnuts and fresh grated carrots.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese. Add softened butter and vanilla extract. Beat mixture until combine.
- Add lemon juice and add gradually the powdered sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.