Banana Turon with Tikoy is a popular Filipino snack or merienda made of sliced saba banana coated in brown sugar with a sliced tikoy roll in a lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden crisp.
- ripe saba bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- tikoy, cut into strips
- lumpia wrapper
- 1 cup brown sugar (add more if needed)
- cooking oil
- chocolate syrup
- powdered sugar (optional)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Banana Turon with Tikoy
- Cut saba bananas in half lengthwise.
- Cut tikoy into thin strips. Then, cut into smaller pieces.
- Prepare the lumpia wrapper.
- Coat saba banana in brown sugar and place a slice of tikoy.
- Roll and fold sides of wrapper. Then, brush with water to seal the turon.
- Repeat the procedure until you finish wrapping all the turon.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry banana turon until golden brown in color.
- Use a paper towel to remove the excess oil from the turon.
- Sprinkle banana turon with powdered sugar (optional).
- And drizzle with chocolate syrup.