Creamy Ube Maja Blanca is a delicious and creamy ube flavored maja blanca dessert. Loaded with purple yam and corn flavor. Top with grated cheese. Perfect dessert that the whole family will love. Also great for business.
- 2 cans (400ml each) coconut milk
- 1 can (300ml) condensed milk
- 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (425g) sweet cream corn
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups ube jam/halaya
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
WATCH: Video on How to Make Creamy Ube Maja Blanca
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 9 x 10 baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- To Make Cornstarch Mixture: In a bowl, combine coconut milk and cornstarch. Stir well until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and cream corn. Stir well to combine.
- Turn on the heat. Cook over medium heat.
- Add the ube jam/halaya. Stir until well blended.
- Add the sugar and ube flavoring. Stir until well blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture. Continue to cook.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan. Smooth the top using a spatula.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until completely set.
- Brush the top with coconut oil.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!