Ube Leche Flan Cake is an easy to make dessert cake with real ube halaya. This recipe is a combination of ube flavor cake and leche flan in one.
- ¾ cup sugar – Caramel
Leche Flan Layer
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ube Cake Layer
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup ube halaya
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- drops of ube flavor/color
WATCH: Video on How to Make Ube Leche Flan Cake
- Caramelize 3/4 cups sugar over medium heat
- Immediately transfer caramel into a cake pan. Swirl the pan to spread the caramel evenly.
Making Leche Flan Layer
- In a large bowl, combine 8 pcs large egg yolks, 1 can condensed milk, 1 can evap milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix until well-combined.
- Strain flan mixture twice. Set aside.
Making Ube Cake Layer
- In a large bowl, combine 3pcs large eggs, 3/4 cups sugar and 1/2 cup oil. Mix everything until combine.
- Add 3/4 cups ube halaya. Mix well just to combine.
- Add drops of ube flavor/color. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix everything until well-combined.
- Slowly pour the leche flan mixture over the caramelized sugar.
- Then, pour the ube cake batter.
- Bake in water bath at 350 F or 180 C for about 50 minutes.
- After baking for 50 minutes, unmold the cake.
- Place a serving dish over the cake and quickly flip the cake over the serving dish.
- Slice the cake and enjoy!