What is Puto Flan or Leche Puto?
Leche Puto or Puto Flan is a popular and favorite Filipino dessert. It is a combination of Leche Flan and Puto. This classic Filipino dessert is usually served on special occasions or potluck parties.
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
WATCH: Video on How to Make Puto Flan
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients: cake flour, sugar, baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks, then add fresh milk. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and egg whites mixture. Add melted butter and yellow food coloring (optional). Set aside.
- Brush puto molds with melted butter.
- Pour the flan mixture about ¼ the mold height. Steam flan for 5 to 7 mins on medium-low heat.
- Add the puto mixture and steam for 10 mins on low heat.
- Remove from heat and wait for it to cool down.