Lumpiang Shanghai is a Filipino favorite spring roll filled with ground pork, carrots, onion, garlic and eggs rolled in a lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden crisp.
- 1 pound lean ground pork, boiled
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 head small garlic, minced
- 2 pcs eggs
- lumpia wrapper
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
WATCH: Video on How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai
- Combine all the ingredients: ground pork, carrot, garlic, onion, eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well using spoon or hands. Make sure that your hands are clean.
- Prepare the lumpia wrapper.
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of lumpia mixture.
- Roll and fold sides of wrapper.
- Dab egg white on the sides of the wrapper. Then, roll it tightly.
- Repeat the procedure until you finish wrapping all the lumpia.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the lumpia until golden brown in color.
- Use paper towel to remove excess oil from the lumpia.
- Serve with hot steam rice. Enjoy!